CISME INSTRUMENTS IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE ARE PARTNERING WITH QUBIT SYSTEMS, INC, A COMPANY THAT SUPPLIES A BROAD RANGE OF FIELD AND LABORATORY RESPIROMETRY EQUIPMENT, AMONG OTHER PRODUCTS.
PLEASE VISIT https://qubitbiology.com/ FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COMPANY.
YOU CAN CONTACT QUBIT FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CISME SALES AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
DURING THE TRANSITION PERIOD, YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION AT:
What is CISME?
• The name stands for Community In Situ MEtabolism, and is pronounced ‘kiss-me’ to reflect the gentle interaction
between the instrument and the coral/substrate.
• A diver-portable respirometer developed to make non-destructive and non-invasive measurements of coral metabolic rates in situ under ambient conditions.
• CISME also works with algae and other low-relief benthic substrates.
• CISME measures changes in oxygen and pH during short incubations in which water flow and light levels are user controlled.
• Respiration (R) and photosynthesis (P) rates are calculated from concentration changes within the enclosed volume.
• These are the ‘vital signs’ of coral health assessment.
• R and P can be calculated both based on O2 and CO2 fluxes, from which RQs and PQs can be calculated.
• Sample loops provide water samples that can be titrated for total alkalinity to calculate calcification rate.
• The sample loop can also be used to experimentally introduce substances that might affect metabolism (e.g. acidified seawater for OA studies).